Thursday, October 8, 2015

Girlfriends


This Thankful Thursday I am thinking about friendship.  As I received a call today from a friend who was concerned that the text she'd sent me might upset me, I hung up the phone relishing in the friends the Lord has given me.  I pondered the different types of friends: the ones who know you just need to go to lunch rather than heading home after Bible study, the ones who send a message just to check in, the ones who stay up late with you talking about everything and nothing, the ones who you meet up with for coffee or lunch, the ones who give you a hug at just the right moment, the ones who flat out love you no matter how ugly you're being or how much your insecurities are showing....The list could go on and on!

I have been so blessed in my friendships, and I am grateful.  There are obviously "seasonal" friends (those who are only around for awhile) as well as lifelong friends, and I am thankful for both.  Girlfriends are something irreplaceable in a woman's life, and I am thankful to have some of the best in the world.

Love you, girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment