Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Thankful

Apparently my ability to blog on a consistent basis has not returned. ;)  It has been over a month since I last wrote.  Part of that stemmed from a need to be quiet for a little bit after my last post, and part of that simply stemmed from life being life and me not taking the time to write.

In the past month, we've had Halloween and Thanksgiving, a broken finger (Josh), a soccer tournament (Emily), DiscipleNow (also Emily) and plenty of regular life in the mix.  We've also continued in our healing.  As I shared precious time with a beloved friend today, I was extremely aware of just how much healing has taken place in four months.  Don't get me wrong, there are days and moments that are still difficult and worrisome, but the peace that is present is more than I could have asked for or imagined.

When I got home this afternoon, I saw this quote posted by a friend of mine in South Africa.  I can't seem to stop rereading it.  I just love it!


I am so thankful for those who have walked this long road with us and for those who have stepped in at various spots along the way.  We have some really great people who love us well, and as we ascend from the valley, we will not forget those who stuck it out with us.  We, of course, depend most of all on the Lord and the comfort He gives us, but we are so very thankful for the dear friends He has given us, too.

As we leave the Thanksgiving season behind and embark upon the Christmas season, my heart remains full of gratitude for the great things the Lord has done and continues to do.  He has given us life with Him, which is already more than enough, and yet He continues to give us so much more.  Thank You, Jesus, for restoring our souls and for drawing us to you.  You are worthy of all praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment