Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Twelve!

I don't know how it happened, but I now have a twelve year old.  Emily Grace entered the world a little before midnight on December 15, 2003.  And now here we are, twelve years later, maneuvering the preteen world of middle school.  It happened in a blink--but what a great blink it's been!

Now that Emily is in middle school, her birthday is right in the middle of end of quarter exams.  She had to take a math test on her big day--however, she topped that off with a 100, so I guess it turned out okay. :)

Her day started with balloons on the wall in the shape of "12" (at least they're supposed to be).


 She then was surprised by special birthday donuts (as well as cards/gifts from a few family members):


She headed to school wearing one of her favorite outfits:


 After school, we went to dinner, and Emily got to sit on the saddle:


And we finished the night with yummy cookie cake:


We're going to Great Wolf Lodge over the break for her birthday, so that will be her gift/party.

Emily, I am so thankful for you and the special bond we share.  You are a handful, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  I love watching you in your many activities (soccer, basketball, piano, and band to name a few), and I love how you are a leader both on and off the field and in the classroom.  You are full of life; you are beautiful; you are a blessing to me.  I'm so thankful for your love for Jesus and for people, and I can't wait to see what God has in store for you next.  Happy birthday, dear E!  Love you more.


No comments:

Post a Comment